Are we not formed, as notes of music are,
for one another, though dissimilar?
(Percy Bysshe Shelley, poet)
Everybody’s Song – Music as a tool for the promotion of diversity and intercultural understanding
01 December 2006 – 31 August 2008
Austria, Bulgaria, Cyprus, FYR Macedonia, Greece, Serbia
Aims and objectives
The general aim was to reflect on the role of music in intercultural understanding and to identify ways to utilise it in youth work. Objectives were:
- to raise awareness of cultural diversity and the role of music in intercultural dialogue
- to train youth organisations and musicians in intercultural learning
- to foster partnerships between youth NGOs and musicians
- to attract new target groups for youth work and arts
- to develop creative and innovative approaches in intercultural learning
- to promote and increase the visibility of the EC Youth (in Action) Programme in South East Europe
young people, youth leaders, civic organisations, musicians, artists
The project was affiliated to the European Youth Campaign for Diversity, Human Rights and Participation “All Different All Equal” (2006–2007) and to the European Year for Intercultural Dialogue 2008.